How to make Gluten-Free Christmas Cake
- Chef: Gopal Jha
- Restaurant: Grand Mercure – Bangalore
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hrs 25 mins
- Total Cook Time: 2 hrs 40 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
About Gluten-Free Christmas Cake Recipe: Soak in the festivities of Christmas with these absolutely delicious, gluten free cake. Packed with the goodness of dry fruits mixed with orange-lemon zest, apple and jaggery syrup, this Christmas cake is just too delectable to resist!
Ingredients Of Gluten-Free Christmas Cake
- 300 gms Christmas dry fruits (pre-soaked)
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 200 ml jaggery syrup
- 150 almond flour
- 100 apple, grated
- 175 butter (softened)
- 4 medium eggs
How to Make Gluten-Free Christmas Cake
- 1.Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
- 2.Put the remaining ingredients except the almond flour in a large bowl.
- 3.Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined. Fold the almond flour well.
- 4.Grease a deep 23 cm round tin or 20 cm square cake tin with butter, line with a double layer of baking paper and grease the paper. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- 5.Level the top and cover with a disc of baking paper.
- 6.Bake for about 2 hours until firm to the touch and a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin.
- 7.When the cake has cooled, remove the baking paper disc; pierce the top in several places with a skewer, then pour over a little brandy. Remove the cake from the tin but keep it in the baking paper.
- 8.Wrap with more baking paper, then wrap with foil. Then store in a cool place to mature.
- 9.Decorate the cake with glacé fruit, marzipan or ready-to-use icing.