How to make River Sole For Your Soul
- Chef: Manish Kusumwal – Berggruen Hotels
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 05 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Cook Time: 50 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
This Portuguese style fish preparation has been one of my favorites from the time I learnt it from a Portuguese chef, Chef Fernando. Its simple subtle yet full of flavors. A warm winter stew with some toasted garlic bread is sure to satisfy your soul.
Ingredients Of River Sole For Your Soul
- 1 Kg Sole fillet
- 5-10 Large shrimps (optional)
- 1 Kg Peeled Potatoes, sliced
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 5 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/2 Red/ Green Capsicum
- Parsley or Coriander
- Few dashes of Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 50 Ml White Wine
- To taste Rock salt
- Toasted Garlic Bread
How to Make River Sole For Your Soul
- 1.In a saucepan, forming layers, add the sliced onions, garlic, tomato, peppers,coriander or parsley, sliced potatoes and fish.
- 2.Place the sliced onions and peppers, paprika, salt in the upper layer.
- 3.Pour the olive oil evenly over the layers.
- 4.Once all layers are placed add seasoning and white wine and little water.
- 5.Cover the pan to bring to a boil.
- 6.Never stir this dish
- 7.Cover the pan and let it cook on slow fire, check once, if the potato is cooked it will be ready to serve.
- 8.Serve this stew with toasted garlic bread, as the soup will have a soupy creamy look.
You can also do 2/3 types of fish instead of Sole fillet.
While choosing parsley or coriander, choose the herb that most suits your taste buds.Key Ingredients: Sole fillet , shrimps (optional), Peeled Potatoes, Onions, Garlic Cloves, Red/ Green Capsicum , Parsley or Coriander, Few dashes of Hot Sauce , Paprika, Olive Oil, White Wine , Rock salt , Toasted Garlic Bread